Monday, July 26, 2004

Did you have a coffee today?

It is one of the month of summers. I have passed my junior school with flying colours and now it's time for me to go the high school. High School, yeah it gives me a feeling of seniority and maturity. I'm one of the most senior students of the school and also the one who others feel as responsible and sincere. My opinion is sought as the member of the decision making body, I'm asked for giving my thoughts to the junior classes and responsibilty as a honcho for all the guys in the school-bus. I'm also studing hard for the high school. They say its very tough and highly competitive. So I have stopped playing much with my friends. I gets the scolding from my mom when I go play more than an hour. Finally, its exams time. I am studying day and night to top the exams, doing night-outs for the last time revisions. I'm very nervous before the final countdown. My parents are telling to remain cool and calm, my teachers are doing the same and giving me last minutes tips for the days ahead. Atlast, what was percieved a rough mountain trail a year ago, is over.

Days go by. I'm now in the college studying Science and its explanations for the previously known unsolved puzzles. There are lot of brilliant students with me, with extraordinary callibre. I haven't seen such kind of a group in my lifetime. Some having photographic memory, some having amazing logical abilities but all have one thing in common; to do the best there. However, with exceptions to this one, there are some of them who just lose their track, or their goals are redefined. We are being taught by the best faculties of the country with the infrastructure which no institute provides to its students. Weekends are now auspicious days as it makes us do the things of our choice; for most of them it was sleeping till the sun is almost on top of us or making night-outs at computer center (definitely not for studying!!), catching the autos/rhino horned tempos which emit the black fumes, for watching movies, having dinner outside (hail murga-club) and for the local junta to go to their sweet home.

I'm now in the second year now. Its the first term exams and I'm all set to write the exams. I'm in the exam hall for writing my 2nd paper. There is a junior batch also writing some other exam in the same hall. So a beautiful girl come and sits besides me, at her alloted seat. After the exams are over, I meet this girl in the college canteen. On seeing me, she offeres me a coffee. I readily accept, my favourite drink. Days goes by and now we are exchanging smiles everytime we see each other. I have now got a moped, second hand one (I call it my bike) from one of my seniors. Now my weekends have become sacred. I'm taking her to movies and resturants almost every weekend and also helping her with the lecture notes. She's very nice and very caring. I'm feeling ecstatic fit of love. Or perhaps, I have never been to closer to a girl before like this. But as they say, there are two sides of coin, I'm now bunking classes and started flunking. I am trying hard to cope up with the academic pressure, which I have built up for myself like a mammoth monster. Thanks to my friends who are helping me by showing me the torch of light and hope in this span. Finally, its the final year and almost all the famous companies have already gone after coming for campus placements but I haven't got a single job. Tension is mounting and I'm trying to avoid all friends. My girlfriend tries to console or perhaps motivates me. She is always making me happy and trying to make me confident. Finally the day has come. I got a job in the company which is supposedly a very good, both as in terms of salary as well as reputation in market.

After two years of job, I'm now well settled in life, having a nice job and a caring wife, the young lady who offered me coffee in college canteen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home