Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Its all about Friends..

It was one wednesday in the month of April. I woke up in the morning, a bit early, got ready for the office. My landlord, a good oldman, was very happy to see me, a lazy and languid by nature, waking up early. Usually I don't like getting up early but this day was special. No, it wasn't my birthday, neither of any relatives or friends or even my girlfriend. It was the day when the advance booking of the tickets of one of the movie was about to start. This movie was Main Hoon Naa, starring SRK and 'Sen'sational beauty queen, Sush. Though SRK's presence on the big screen can't be neglected, but this was not my real intererst. It had Amrita Rao in the supporting role, who stays to be my favourite heroine, not only because of her acting skills but also the oomph factor I feel she has. To add this, I must confess, I haven't missed even a single movie of hers till date.

Continuing, I planned that day to got to office early, leave early and book the tickets. I reached the theatre where the advance booking was going in the early evening. There was a long queue for it. I realized, I made the mistake and ought have come here very early. But still, I waited till my turn came. My realization turned more stronger when I found that all the tickets were sold out for the show which I wanted. Nevertheless, the movie had to be seen at earliest, so took six tickets for the Sunday night show. Six tickets because we were six, planned to see it together. The next day passed pretty quickly, a bit hectic in office. It was friday and one of my friend took me on a morning jog/walk on the beach. When we were about to return, I got a call from another good friend that he's going to his native place for an emergency operation. We were shocked to hear this. He had some problem before but we never expected that things would become so worse. So he booked the tickets and boarded the plane and reached safely sweet home in the evening. The whole day went in finding out how serious the situation was and what actually happened to him.

Then came the saturday, weekend had begun so it was time to enjoy. I had bought some dvds to watch at home but still nothing could fill the sense that time was moving very slowly and it was still a day for the show. I am not sure if all my friends were feeling the same way, but I was really excited and looked eagerly for the moment, like the first date.

Finally the day arrived, the sunday. It was cloudy in the morning and was a perfect day for cricket. Me and some of my friends went for lunch and stroll along the beach. It was great. But the white clouds turned grey and more grey or blackish grey, telling us they would pour heavily. It was evening and the predictions turned true. It started raining heavily. But rains in the water scarce city, were always welcome. It was late in the evening and I was about to prepare for dinner. One of the six friends called me and showed disinterest in the plan. I told 'Main Hoon Naa' but it appeared that the interest of seeing the movie was subdued by the force of the rains. It was difficult to think that the moment for which I was waiting so desperately would go like that. You couldn't blame rains in the city like this one and nor the friends for their unwillingness, it was the time which was bad, alas. Then from other friend also, I got confirmation that he won't be able to make it. Well, this was not because of rains but the fact that he was working like anything in office, to meet his deadlines of the project. I then prayed Lord Krishna and thanks to him, we were now atleast three who were going to see the movie.

The movie was great, I liked it very much especially my crush, Amrita Rao. She was fabulous in the role, not to mention SRK and gorgeous Sush for the amazing chemistry on screen. I liked the movie and was impressed by the glamour, music and the panache. The songs were also well choreographed. Overall, it was total entertainment and the movie eventually turned out to be super hit. But still I felt there was something missing, I really didn't know what.

Next day, one of the friends, who didn't make it, called me and asked about the movie. I just said it wasn't good. Not because I wanted to tell a lie but it was very spontaneous. And it is true, had all of my friends been there, I would have liked the movie much more than what I did, perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home