Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Something like this happened...

Just when I was thinking what to write today, an idea of some thriller or suspense story came to my mind. But it was total empty and nothing could be concieved on those lines. This was mainly because, I was not a great story writer or simply that it takes great thinking to make a good story. Also, I was sure enough not to write another romantic writeup like my previous creations. Then I thought I must write which was bit exciting and so here is what came to my mind.

Looking back now, the most exciting moment in recent times for me was when I was asked my willingness to travel onsite, New York City, the world's most cosmo city, by my boss for a period of 2-3 months. I was completely taken back on hearing this, as he took me to a meeting room and discussed the matter in private. I had joined the company just couple of months back as a fresher and to get this kind of opportunity, I considered myself very lucky. After the brief conversation, the first thing I did was I went to toilet, where there was a big mirror. I said to myself, looking myself to the mirror, "Am I dreaming, is this real?" and then I pinched myself. Yeah, it was all real. No day-dreaming. Absolutely not.

I wanted to yell, very loud. The first thing I wanted to tell to my parents, but they were out of station and were coming back only in the late evening. Also, I didn't had any good friends, since its been only some months since I joined the company.

It was a dream come true for me. Since my college days, I used to see my travel lines on my right palm to predict my future of foreign tours, yes..yes, Palmistry. I actually studied studied palmistry in one of the summers at the college as fun subject to pataaofy some gals, which still remains one of my dreams...still. Anyways, I couldn't hide my emotions for long and when I was taking dinner with my colleagues the same day, I told them about this scoop. (This is how exactly I am!!) All of them really got surprized and congratulated me. I felt it was the beginning of the trail to reach the acme of my career.

It was now night time, I called my parents and told about all what had happened the whole day, They were also very excited and happy for me. That was one of the exhilarant day I have lived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home