Thursday, July 29, 2004

Shall we dance?

Today I came from the office very late, it was almost midnight by the time my dinner was over. Thanks to aunty, my roommate's mother, who prepared delicious rice with sambhar and hot n spicy chicken. As I was having the dinner, my roommates were watching a Japanese movie with English subtitles The name of the movie was 'Shall We Dance?'. This was about the married guy who has worked hard to earn a good living, owned his own house and had a daughter. He got enamored of the beautiful and charming face in the dance center. So he joined the dance club where the art of dancing was taught. Soon, he got so involved with the dance that he started ignoring his wife and eventually he started dancing superbly, with passion. The movement of the whole body started driven from his heart and not from mind.

The movie carried on but it ignited the passion of dancing within me. I used to take participate in the dance musicals while I was child in school, colony cultural programmmes but the passion of dancing got developed while I was doing my graduation, thanks to the thumkas of Madhuri..uff, the free-style dance of Govinda or the dances of Hrithik and SRK filled with panache. Not to forget the rock n roll of Shammi Kapoor era or the simple dance of Big B and Dharmendra papaji or even the exercises of apna Sunny puttar.

Every cultural pogramme at my institute would end up in the so called discotheques. What if it rains or its chilly or even hot, discotheques was the place to Disco. Even the fresher party used to end up with dance party thrown by the respected seniors. This respect to them was for the first and the last time, not that we became stopped respecting but they became more like a friend than mere senior. That was the night I danced as if there was no tomorrow. Khuleke naacho, khulke gaao, It was the time to Disco. An evening which would be on top of everybody's memory of my batch especially my room mate at college, the bihari ( not in real sense!).

I still have reminiscence of the choreagraphy we did in one of our intra hostel competition. It was great to dance on the stage with all of those who had passion of dancing but never had a chance to do so. And the best part of it that we won the competition. I think I missed the golden oportunity while I was in college to have some more experience.

Now, with 9-9 job, it becomes to difficult to continue this but the passion is still inside, burning. Sometimes, on weekends, I and my friend, on the tunes of our young and old music directors, dance freely, energtically, passionately and what is called - 'Straight from the heart', till we are exhausted. It surely gives an immense pleasure to do it. Just do it and enjoy.

Shall we dance?

1 Comments:

Blogger shrek said...

come back to chennai and we will become choreographers. what say ? remember..our creativity .. mu ha ha ha

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home