Sunday, May 15, 2005

The springing Spring

Volleyball sessions, Tennis lessons and then couple of weeks of rest from "All play and no work" due to some hectic schedule at work and a sprain in the left ankle made past the last two months just like that. The sudden urge to play was very obvious because of the weather which is becoming better and brighter day by day. Friends started to weave plans for the weekends and what got materialize was the trip to Brooklyn Aquarium on Saturday.

Friday evening, it was at around eightish, when I decided to call it a day and the week at the office. I started to walk to subway on my way to home and it was still bright and the people wore even brighter looks due to the spring, may be, though there was a light cold breeze. I didn't had with me the music machine, having my favorites songs, but the short trip back to my home didn't bother me much. By the time I reached home, I realized all my apartment-mates were out. So I decided to checkout my friend at his home. Though, I spend most of the time at office with him, but still. I put on heavy red colored jacket and started to move towards his home. At his home, at the dinner, the plan was chalked for Aquarium.

Morning 9:30 AM, was the time to meet. Rendezvous - the subway station. But the plan was bit delayed due to the Saturday morning desi programme. Nevertheless, the journey for me, my friend Sam and his wife, Sumana, started at around 10:00 and it was almost 11 by the time we reached the destination. Thanks to the corporate policy, we didn't had to pay a single penny to enter. The aquarium is very famous and somewhat big also. There we saw seals, Walrus, sharks, whale and some penguins apart from the myriad fishes, all whose name I don't recall now. Yeah, but some of them were Jelly fishes, Eel, Star fish, turtles etc. We started to feel hungry so grubbed some french fries with grilled chicken sandwich, chicken tenders and pepsi. After the sort of lunch, we carried the under sea kinda exploration and it was 2:00 we were almost done.

This aquarium being located near the sea, we wanted to checkout the beach there, the famous Coney Island beach. The waves were not very strong because they had jetties to protect beach. But the water was ice cold. The sand was very fine just unlike the place where I had been staying an year before. We ran, played and "constructed" bridge from sand, obviously. It was fun and we stayed for almost an hour and half before decided to start back. Next was the plan to see a Hindi movie at The Times Square theatre. We reached there, but to our dissapointment, there were none which we could watch. And after the busy day, it was time to come back to home, sweet home. That was the end of a beautiful Spring day.




Coney Island Beach Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home