Friday, July 30, 2004

Me, the hero!

A typical movie's climax scene: Heroine is in the captivity of the bad men. They are torturing, tormenting her. And when it was just going beyond her endurance, apna great hero makes a dramatic entry. He beats up the bad guys and make the heroine free from them. Well, the hero is always hero. He does everything right and at apt time.

I still remember, the first James Bond movie which I saw in theatre was Golden Eye, where as usual, he makes the breathtaking escape from the enemy's den. I say it as breathtaking because it inspires me and makes me envy. I wish I can be like that. This kind of feeling gets cropped in mind especially when I want to do something heroic. There is also other attraction in Bond movies, the fact that there are lot of beautiful women around him. Ofcourse his introduction is charming too. Bond, James Bond

There is another genre of heroes, the one who like to take hardships and goes in the enemy's castle and challenge them. A classic example is 'Vijay' in Deewar, Big B at his best and his famous lines: "Peter, main yahaan hoon." where he single handed thrashes them and comes out from the den after taking the keys from the enemy's jacket. Simply amazing.

I wonder why I love these characters. May be because within me there is a desire to do something like this, no, not thrashing and beating, but something heroic or something that could bring me to limelight for good, that could make center of attraction, hub of news or nucleus of charisma and dynamism.

I wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home