Monday, September 27, 2004

A Good Day

Though the day started bit late at around noon when I woke up from the dreams. Had plans of going to New York City yesterday but somehow didn't get executed properly. So, we decided to persue the plan today and got ready after brief breakfast of frosted cornflakes and milk. Meanwhile, I put my clothes for washing for the following week (See how well I manage my stuff).

Within an hour or so we (me and my friend) were out to take a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the most favorite spot for the tourists. Just like a traveller, we had put on the bag at the back with some stuff in and my Canon SLR to capture some picturesque landscape. We reached there in about 30 min from my place. Before that we visited one Chappel (I don't remeber its name,now).

Though I used to see the bridge from our office but nothing like seeing it from close and walking on it. It gives me remembrance of SRK taking a stroll on it and singing (KHNH syndrome!!) "Har Pal Yahaa Ji Bhar Giyo". It gives an awesome view of the Manhattan and Statue Of Liberty. Wonder what would have been the view when the twin towers were there. Getting those three in One view: The Brooklyn Bridge, Statue Of Liberty and the Twin Towers, the pride of New York skyline.

Some history: The bridge was the first to bridge Brooklyn and Manhattan, then the most advanced land on earth. Built in 1875, its engineer had a fatal accident while the bridge was under construction, the thick mettalic wire hit the engineer.

We also went to "Oyster Festival" in Brooklyn just down of the Bridge. It was amazing with alcohol and band playing there and all college crowd. The day was filled with enthusiasm and frivolity.

Totally, a good Sunday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home