Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Cats And Dogs

Jeane has just hit the coast of state of Florida. Hey, this isn't Billie Jeane which MJ sang while performing his break-dance; this is something else. This being the fourth hurricane samshing the coast of US in just a matter of few weeks. Wonder why only Florida? Well, according to the meterological department its the disturbances in the Pacific ocean which is causing these destructive breeze flow. But there is another theory which is creeping up in me and my friend's mind, though totally baseless or abstruse. It was this state which helped George Bush to win the election last time here, so is it some kind of coincidence or just another event of the mysterious weather.

Anyway, the Jeane effect was here today at this place and the whole place was donned by the grey clouds. Clouds remind me that there is a great song "Cloud number Nine" by Bryan Adams. Its one of my favourite song and Bryan Adams - he's terrific. So today, when I woke up, I looked out of the window after pulling up the curtains. Woh!, it was amazing, with drizzling going on it was a perfect day for a hot tea and pakoras. I chucked the ideas of pakoras due to genuine constraints, but made a cup of garamma - garam tea. After getting prepared for myself, I left for the office. Its was an awesome view of the downtown. All the skyscrappers were enshrouded by the clouds. The river water waves, being high tide, were hitting the sides of the river side-walkway in its full strength making roaring voice. By the evening, the drizzle had begotten to decent pour. The roads wore deserted look and paths were empty with the people inside their workplace, or under the shelter gulping the tea and coffee or having puff of smoke-stick, the cigarrette.

It was late in the evening when I started for my home, sweet home. The pour hadn't stopped till then. It was at the same pace or perhaps more. There was Company's shuttle which took me from office to the nearest subway, thus helping me in not getting drenched, though I had an umbrella. I caught the train and within 10 minutes I was walking down or perhaps like horse cantering to get fast to my house. I had umbrella but the breeze was so fast that it was hard to manage the umbrella. twice it happened, my umbrella became inverted mushroom and I had to put it back. The pour was never stopping and breeze was making my movement and the control of the umbrella difficult. Finally after great effort, I reached the home and took a sigh of relief.

Its still raining cats and dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home