Friday, October 01, 2004

Red

One day mroning: Cacophony of my tableclock alarm woke me up and by the time I got up it was a bit late. So after a quick shower and gobbling the lightly spread butter on toast and milk, I rushed to the office. It was a pleasant morning; azure cladded with white clouds, painted with light yellow colour. As usual, the subway train was packed with office-goers and had to squeeze myself to get into the train. There was a young lady standing in red coloured dress, besides me, reading a novel. She was gorgeous. And there was a guy near me who was resembling like a daemon because of his red-coloured eye. Probably he didn't had proper sleep in the night or had been in state of anger. I was amazed to see the same color having two contrasting images and symbols.

Red, as in Red Rose or woman in red, symbolises love, fidelity, life and frivolity. It emphasis the happiness and liveliness. It has been the symbol of adoration for ages, across centuries. On the other hand, the red colour symolizes anger, temper. Also, there is a meaning of danger. All the Stop signal are marked with Red, the danger sign is also in the same color. Fire is denoted as red, sometimes.

There is also Red Carpet welcome, symbolizing royal treatment; Red chillies making the food spicey and hot; Red Cross for the humanitarian help for the victim of wars. Red meat, Red wine adding the variety of dishes and cocktails or red planet - Mars.

Such diversified meanings are attached to this colour RED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home